In order to succeed in bodybuilding you need to equip yourself with the following bodybuilding rules
- You should ensure that each day you go to the gym you have a routine already at the back of your mind of what lifts you are going to undertake that day. If you want to perfect the routines you need to write them down on a piece of paper which will help you to avoid guessing. In order to prevent destruction you need to write the routines you are going to perform that day on a piece of paper.
- Motivation – if you want to lift consistently you need to stay highly motivated when you are training. If you are not aware of what motivates you, you should try and find out. Your source of motivations could be to look good or to stay healthy. The moment you find out what motivates you, you should stick with it.
- Goals – the other rule you should follow if you want to succeed in bodybuilding is to form goals and strain to achieve them. Your goals should be SMART, which means they should be simple, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. The good thing about setting goals is that they help you to stay focused in your training.
- Consistency – If you want to see results you need to maintain consistency in your training. If you are not consistent in your training you are not going to achieve your bodybuilding goals. Many bodybuilders do not know just how important consistent training is to there bodybuilding success.
- Form – it is also very important that you train using proper form when bodybuilding. When you train using proper form, you will be able to work out the right muscles. Apart from helping you work out the right muscles, training in proper form also helps you prevent injuries. Injuries are the main reason as to why many bodybuilders are not able to train consistently.
- Rest – The muscles usually grow when a person is resting and not when they are lifting. When you are working out, your muscles usually tear as a result of the increased tension on the muscle tissues. That is the reason you feel weak immediately after an intense workout. When you are resting the muscles are able to recover from the intense workout out and grow larger. This will help them to better handle the new stress you are going to put on them the next time you go to the gym. You should therefore ensure that you take a day off, after two days of consecutive training. You should sleep at least 8 hours each night.
- Nutrition – you need to take adequate nutrition in order to build your muscles. Your protein intake should be 1.5 grams of proteins while your carbs intake should be 1.0 grams of every pound that you weigh.
- Supplements – supplements are also very important if you want to succeed in bodybuilding. The best supplements in the market are whey proteins and Creatine supplements.